Sunday 5 August 2012

Band Crush: Arctic Monkeys


Arctic Monkeys has been one of our favorite bands for a long time. If you haven't heard of them (shame on you), it is a British indie rock band formed in 2002. I've been into their music since 2006 when they released their first studio album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not. I actually read an article about them in a Georgian music magazine (which no longer exists) and decided to check them out. I loved them so much that I couldn't stop listening to their album for the whole summer. Alex turner is a genius and if I remembered half of my studying materials as well as I remember his lyrics maybe I would be more than an average student.
So I became obsessed with the band and all their albums are my favorites now. I also loved Alex Turner's first solo album Submarine which is a soundtrack of the movie with the same name.
I could write about my love to the band forever but I don't think anyone would find it readable so now I'm gonna list some of our favorite songs of Arctic Monkeys.














1 comment:

  1. As I was reading your post, I instantly thought about myself. I was crazy about these guys when I was 15-16. I think, the magazine you are talking about is "Ozone":) Alex Turner was my first ever serious crush and was so jealous of Alexa. I still am. :)
    ..and his soundtrack to Submarine is amazing. I kept it on replay from the moment it came out. Happy to hear that you were into Monkeys too)

    ReplyDelete